Something bad has happened
Grilled Zucchini with Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette
Grilling zucchini makes it nutty and tender, enjoy this as side dish for a grilled meal .
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons Safeway SELECT Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Safeway Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or Safeway SELECT Maple Syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/3 cup Safeway SELECT Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 pounds yellow or green zucchini, rinsed, ends trimmed, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- Fresh basil sprigs
- Salt and pepper
In a small bowl, mix chopped basil, vinegar, mustard, honey, and garlic. Whisking, blend in oil.
Thread zucchini on thin skewers so rounds lie flat and pieces touch. Brush generously with basil vinaigrette.
Place zucchini on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of medium coals or medium heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds). Close lid on gas grill. Cook until brown on each side, 5 to 7 minutes total; turn once.
Push zucchini from skewers onto a platter. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Garnish with basil sprigs. Add salt and pepper to taste.